How to Send a Fax from Your Email
Created by: Jason Skeffington
Modified on: Mon, May 10, 2021 at 5:21 PM
- Start Outlook (if not already running)
- Open a new email
- In the To box, type the number you wish to fax followed by @rcfax.com. (Example: To fax to 787-929-3742 put firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In the Subject, put any message you want the recipient to see.
- Attach the file you want to send. (See chart below for acceptable file formats.)
- If you send faxes from a generic email acount (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) you will need to change your "from" address to that email account.
If the "From" button is not showing, then:
- Click on the Option tab.
- Click on the From icon in the Show Fields section to expose the From button.
- Click on the From button and select the desired generic email account. (NOTE: You must have rights to send email from that account.)
- Hit Send to send the fax.
- After a few minutes, you should receive a confirmation that your fax was successful.
- You must be setup in the Ring Central fax service to do this. Please see your supervisor or ITS if have questions about this.
- You must send faxes from the same email address that you receive them. This allows you to send and associates your name and fax number with your fax.
- If using a scanner to send a printed document, save the file as a PDF first.
- The maximum file sise is 20MB.
- The file name should not contain ampersands ("&") or other special characters.
Supported File Extensions:
|File Extension||Application Type||Supported Versions|
|pdf||Adobe Acrobat / Adobe Reader||All|
|psd||Adobe PhotoShop||3.0 and higher|
|doc, docx, docm*||Microsoft Word||Windows: 95, 97, 2000, 2003, 2007|
Mac: 4, 5.x, 95, 98
|dot||Microsoft Word Document Template||All|
|mcw||Microsoft Word for Mac||4 - 5.1|
|xls, xlsx, xlsb, xlsm*||Microsoft Excel||5, 95, 97, 2000, 2003, 2007|
|ppt, pptx, pptm*||Microsoft PowerPoint||4 and higher|
|vsd, vdx||Microsoft Visio||All|
|pub||Microsoft Publisher||98, 2000, 2003|
|wri||Microsoft Windows Write||All|
|tif, tiff, gif, jpg, jpeg,|
bmp, png, pcx, tga
|Generic Graphic Formats||All|
|rtf||Rich Text Format||All|
|txt, log, h, cpp, c, err, hpp||Text Files||All|
|wk1, wk3, wk4||Lotus 1-2-3||All|
|wq1||Quattro Pro DOS||All|
|xml||Extensible Markup Language||All|
|html, htm||HyperText Markup Language||All|
|mht, mhtml||MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML Documents||All|
|csv||Comma Separated Values||All|
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.